Saturday, December 20, 2008

She's Got "The Look"

While in September's Bride back in September, Meg from Meg Jewelry was hosting a trunk show. She covered me in pearls, and crystals, and swooed me with her lovely jewelry. She also placed a beautiful birdcage veil on my head. So when I found out she was going to be at The Left Bank, a jewelry store in Chicago, during my Christmas break I was stoked! My mom and I thought it would be fun to go check out her veils again now that I have a better idea of what "Look" I am going for.

I was so excited that Meg remembered me from 3 months ago, and she was ready to put something together. Luckily I came prepared. I showed her the following collages that I had put together to show her what I am going for. Check out "The Look" I am going for...



After reading through many bridal magazines I cut out images that I invisioned on my wedding day. After reviewing the pics we came to the conclusion that "My Look" seems Retro-Vintage-Glamour. And we went from there.

After trying on a couple different styles I found a look that I like. :) The Look would actually be a combination of the following veils...

(Picture this veil facing the other way, so the netting is covering my eyes.)

What I love about this veil: The silk flowers, and the pearls crystals in the center of the pearls. Also there are tiny crystals all along the netting giving it a slight shimmer

What I dislike about this veil: I don't like that it is so small. It is perfect for the reception, however I would like my veil to be a little bigger

What I like about this veil: I love how the netting is all around the top of my head. I also love that it covers my face on a slant (not straight across the front)

What I dislike about this veil: I don't like that it is so plain. I would prefer something snazzy on it (but not gaudy) like the silk flowers.

SOLUTION: Put them together. :) Meg said that I could get the veil with the silk flowers for the front of my face, and then have a detachable back that would surround my head, and that I would be able to take off for the reception. She showed me what it would look like, but I forgot to take a picture. Woops!

Even though I LOVED the look, I decided to wait to make any purchases. I figure I will look around a little bit longer, so if you see any similar veils let me know!

Oh yeah...Meg also put some B-E-A-Utiful earrings on me. I love the single drop pearl. This specific earring has swarvoski crystals around the pearl, which is great too, however, I think that I may be able to find similar earrings for a little less. Since I may be purchasing 2 veils (ha ha) I may need to cut down my shoe and jewelry budget. Let me know if you find any pretty earrings or a bracelet that will go with my dress.

No comments: