Saturday, December 20, 2008

More on Invitations

I have found that there are 100s of stores and websites that sell wedding invitations! Almost every other page in wedding magazines has advertisements for invitation makers. So, if you are interested here are just a few of the places that I have found: (click on picture to enlarge)


From these advertisements, I have discovered that I have three options, 1) I can make my own invitations, 2) I can find a local shop and order/buy invitiations there, and 3) I can order invitations off-line and have them sent to me home.

Handmade Invitations
Archiver's Online has many supplies and ideas for you to make invitiations on your own. It also walks you through the steps of creating your own invitations: Select your colors, Select the size and style of invitations, Decide on specific pieces, Make a sample of each, Do the math, Gather supplies and Start Creating! Although, I am not sure whether or not I would want to put the time into handmaking each invitation here are a few samples from their website that I think are really cute!


Buy Locally
When I googled searched "Wedding Invitations in Wheaton" about 10 different locations popped up! So I know that there are plenty of options...but I don't have time to visit all of them. This is where word of mouth comes in handy. Luckily, my friend and bridesmaid, Caitlin Lautz, gave me a business card for Julie Detmer Ink located in Glen Ellyn the other day. Lautz was in her store and said she had a lot of really cute options, so I checked out her work online. Here are some of cute options off her website:


Order Online
Another easy, yet riskier option, is to order off-line. The only reason why I say it is risky is because you do not get to see the invitations in person before they are printed. However, it might be worth the risk since it would save time and energy spent making my own invitations or driving all around stores looking at invites. So, I tried it out and visited Now & Forever. Here are my favs off this website:
Check out my next entry for more cute invitations I found online...

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

i forgot to tell you...julie detmer said she'd give you 10% off if you mentioned that I gave you her name. maybe that would help if you considered her! :)