Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SAVE some $$$ by not sending SAVE The Dates

Although Brent and I think that it would be great to send out "Save the Dates" we have opted out and decided to "Save Some Money." However, all the money that we will be sending by not sending Save The Dates will be spent on the Invitation itself. To be honest...I have no idea how this works. How do most be go about invitations? Do most brides make them themselves (Computer programs, and Kinkos?)? Do most brides buy already made invitations from a card shop? Or do they create their own online, or pay someone to design them for them? I have no idea! I guess I will need to do some more research.

Here are some FUN invitation ideas that I have found on other blogs and wedding sites (I saved some of these to my computer without citing where I found them. :( Once I find them again, I will make sure to cite the websites):

PEACOCK THEME

FUNKY BLACK/WHITE/PINK

Created by author of the Unbride for her wedding



NEWSPAPER INVITATION


CONCERT/PLANE TICKET INVITE

Shown on Unbride

TEAL/BLACK INVITES


Crazy Flyer

Shown on Style Me Pretty

Envelope Full of Info

Shown on Off-beat Bride

Pre-Made with Fun Colors

Shown on Style Me Pretty

**Also, Vintage Glam is actually having a "Freebie Friday" and giving away free damask (rococo) patterns for inspiration. This is exactly what I want!! However, I don't know if I want to make my own invites. :) Check out her blog. And check out Lindsey's knot page - she is the bride giving away the design.**

PS...Even though we are not making Save the Dates, here are a few cute options we have found, and here is a cute video about DIY Save The Dates:

No comments: