Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Step 3: DRESS SHOPPING

So, it was the day that EVERY girl longs for (well, supposedly...): WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING DAY! After being engaged for almost four months I decided that it was about time to look for a dress. My mom was planning on coming to Holland over the weekend of September 27th. So while Odd Year was dominating Even Year at the Pull, and everyone was rooting them on, I was standing in a dressing room putting on very expensive dresses! ha ha! I made three appointments for that Saturday: September's Bride (a little boutique about 3 blocks from my house), Bridal Elegance (Bigger store in Grand Rapids) and Diane Keith (pretty inexpensive boutique in Holland). I had already been to September's Bride once before and loved the experience. The ladies there are very helpful and treated me like a princess. My second time there was no different. It was so much fun because Meg Jewelry was there having a trunk show, so she covered me in jewelry, and a bakery was having a cake tasting at the same time, so it was the REAL DEAL! September's Bride had a lot of really unique and pretty dresses. I liked most of the ones I tried on, but I fell in love with TWO of them.

The first dress I put on was a Justin Alexander 8358 and it fit my body perfectly! It did not have any diamonds or extra fluff, but it had really cute cap sleeves and a cute bow. But most of all it just fit my personality!


The other was more traditional and was a Casablanca 1816. It had a beautiful lace cover, with a low v-back and longer train. Both were beautiful in their own way, and which ever one I choose will factor into the "theme" of the entire wedding.

The other two bridal stores were not what I was expecting. They both had HUGE and POOFY dresses which is not my style (However someone else might really enjoy them). I left those stores quite disappointed, but happy that I had two beautiful dresses waiting for me at September's Bride. Feel free to give your opinion on the side bar to which one you like better. :)

5 comments:

The Boersma Family said...

Hey Caitlin! Thanks SO much for including all of us (and me!) in this fun adventure. Actually, I had a really hard time picking between the 2 dresses. I ended up picking the more traditional one for 2 reasons: 1) it shows off your back! and 2) it looks a lot like what my dress looked like - the whole capped sleeve thingy. Whichever one you choose will be great! How fun!!!

I feel sometimes like being far away from the rest of the family makes me miss some big things going on there, but this totally made me feel somehow involved! THANKS!!!! You look great! We can't wait for June!!! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for thinking of me in this huge decision! I miss you so much and lovvvvveee wedding planning things and seeing you look absolutely stunning in wedding dresses!

I am sure you will pick the dress you love the most and either one will be perfect!
love you!-becca
ps-I loved how the first one framed your face and how the second one looked in the back. :)

Tami Parks said...

thanks for the kind words about our store! your blog is fun and I did vote for one of the gowns - but I won't tell you which one!

Unknown said...

Caitlin my love you look so beautiful in both dresses, but as far as my choice goes it is #2 all the way. Go for the Glam!!! You look beautiful in the 1st dress but you are a stunning woman in the 2nd. The lace drop V neckline is so amazing on you! I loved my dress, it was plain and simple, but sometimes I think if I could do it again (with jason of course) I would have gone for the 1st dress I tried on which was Glam all the way! Your choice will be hard, but any dress you wear will be amazing because it will be on YOU!!!! love ya!!!

Unknown said...

this isn't jason - it is Angel - just so we are all clear!!!!