Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Maids' Attire

Over fall break I had FOUR WHOLE days to look for the perfect dress for my Maids!! It was perfect timing, because my sister, who lives in Colorado, was in Wheaton for the weekend for a friend's wedding. It was great having her and my mom around to look for dresses...however, since she is already 6 months pregnant I was the one who got to try on all the dresses! :)

We went all over the chicago-lands to bridal boutiques to look at dresses. We went to Wolsfelt's Victorian Bridals and I was treated very nicely there. The only thing that I did not like was that they took off all the tags, so you could not find out what brands the dresses were. Luckily, I was able to find a few of them at other stores though! :) We also went to Veiled In Elegance, Catherine Simms Bridal and House of Brides. After trying on many many dresses I have slightly narrowed down the search. I would like to get a strapless, tea-length dress, and I am also leaning towards getting black (simple, and I could get any kind of flowers I want), but dark green-blues have been catching my eye too. I want the dresses to be under $200 and I want my bridesmaids to be able to wear them again...so nothing too crazy!

ALSO...I decided to get the Justin Alexander 8358 dress, so I have been looking at dresses with a bow to compliment the boz on my dress!! I am soooo stoked. Almost all the stores I went to carry Justin Alexander, so now I have to decide which store to buy from. It may depend on which bridesmaid dress I buy, because a couple of them had deals if I get both at their store.

Anyway....Here are some of the ones I liked: (picture...black though!)


Bill Levkoff 623

I really like the little bow under the bust. I think it goes well with my dress!



Dessy 2058

This dress would fit ANY body type. It has a removable sash that can wrap around the body twice, and was VERY comfortable

or check out the website to see it in TEAL - tell me what you think



B2 B2909

I LOVED the bow in the back. I like that it shows a little skin, is fun, but still modest.

So...I still have some deciding to do, but Check out this fun clip about Duties of the Bridesmaid...

2 comments:

The Boersma Family said...

CUTE video! HA! I can't wait to see what colors you pick! Do you know what colors you are looking for?!

can you tell I must have too much time on my hands to leave all these messages on blogs? :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the dress with the bow in the back. Yay for picking your wedding dress!! so exciting. I am so happy for you! wedding planning is like the best thing in the world...I enjoy living through your experience. :)

I am a big fan of black dresses, but the teal color looks really pretty too! maybe black dresses with multicolored bouquets and different colored pumps. (look at luke anderson's wedding pics...she had gorgeoud bouquets and black dresses...) love ya!