Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Step 2: Photographer

Shortly after making the two biggest decisions (when it comes to planning a wedding) for our BIG day, Brent and I started to investigate local photographers. Who would have known that there are hundreds of photographers who are all dying to take pictures of me!!! ha ha! But seriously, I googled W. Michigan/Grand Rapids area photographers and came across hundreds. However, while browsing through all the website I came across one very interesting photographer, who stood out amongst the rest: Kevin Bosman. Personally, I am a big fan of candid shots. I think it is stupid to pay someone $3K just to take group shots, when my mom could do the same thing! I want someone who has style, is creative, and likes to have fun. I want to be able to look back on my photos and think "Wow! The photographer captured that moment perfectly!" I also want a photographer who is going to catch the little details that I don't even realize are happening. This is exactly what I think Kevin Bosman will do...

After checking out his website, Brent and I scheduled to meet Kevin. We were a little hesitant, because he is from Grand Rapids, and we weren't sure if we would have time or the resources $$ to go that far. Luckily, Kevin offered to meet us in Holland! Brent and I had already met with two other photographers, and when it finally came to the day to meet Kevin we were getting sick of the process. (ha ha we are both impatient, and do not like shopping around). But we decided to just stick it out, so we met him at a local panera. He had his computer set up and he had brought some sample photo albums he had created. It was perfect!! All the other photo albums I had seen were really ugly, but the one he showed us was awesome! He also offered to give us a free engagement photo session...which we plan on taking in the Spring! Brent and I both left very satisfied and we KNEW that Kevin Bosman was the one for us!

It felt so good to have another part of our big day organized! How exciting!!!

No comments: