Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Closer Look at the Theme

So, a couple entries ago I posted some links to pictures of the new theme I am going for. And I thought it would be fun to take a closer look at these.

A long time ago, I wrote about how I want to use curly willow on the pews at Dimnent Chapel. I envisioned walking through a forest, but I had a hard time explaining to my mom what this would look like. And finally, after much searching my mom found the perfect picture of what look I am going for. Here it is...


This picture is great, because Dimnent also has the white and black tile aisle, and it has stained glass at the front of the church. Dimnent is a little darker though - darker woods, and the stained glass is all different colors, so I am still unsure if I want white curly willow, or natural wood curly willow. It's pretty though, isn't it!?!?

Then at the reception my mom and I were hoping to make mini tree centerpieces, kind of like these:


Here are the materials we would need:
  • Vase (clear, or white, whatever is cheaper)- Dollar Store or a craft store for $1-$3 a piece ($20-60)
  • River Rock (if the vase is clear) - Dollar Store $1/bag ($20)
  • Branches - we could get these from the backyard! (FREE)
  • White silk or paper flowers to stick on the branches - Michael's or Walmart, or another discount store ($20-40)
  • Bird Ornaments - We found them at Target after Christmas ($15)
  • Glue & Glitter - Michael's ($10)
  • Time Spent with Friends and Family making the Centerpieces (PRICELESS...maybe we won't think this after we are done though)
  • Total = $85-125 for 20 centerpieces. That is about $5/centerpiece
Has anyone heard of people doing this before? If so, feel free to send your suggestions my way! :)

No comments: