Monday, February 9, 2009

Wedding Filled Weekend!

I had quite a Wedding Filled Weekend!! On Saturday morning, Mrs. Boersma's friends threw me my first shower. It was so nice of her friends and they treated me like a princess. Mary Jo Dekker hosted the party, and served yummy treats. We started off with a fruit cup with 7-up, and juices (sooo good), and then ate quiche and tons of pastries. She made a lemon bread thing, like 5 types of cinnamon rolls, sugar bread, and so on. It was a nice treat! Then we played a game, and decorated an apron for Brent, aka a "mapron" (man-apron). Then I opened up all my gifts. It was so much fun, and I feel like I recieved enough to start living on my own! ha ha! We got a jello mold, a baking pan & cover, a crock pot, a hand mixer, a pie divider, a chopper, a level, a fancy silver bowl, measuring cups, a coffee maker, fancy glasses with a "B" on them, a fruit bowl with a banana hook, collapsible funnel, collander and mixing bowls, and pyrex mixing bowls with lids. They also gave me an address book, so I can bring it to all my showers to collect addresses! What a great idea!

Then on Sunday, I went to David's Bridal with Brittnee and Christine to get sized for my bridesmaid dress for Brittnee's wedding. :) And today, Brent and I updated our registry and actually went to Bed Bath & Beyond to open another registry. Now we are registered at two locations: Teerman's & BB&B. They were soooo nice, and took us step by step through the process. Also, as part of the deal we get a free wedding website which is super cool. Brent and I spent a couple hours over there, and our best find was placesetting options. We want dinnerwear this is middle-line, pretty but can be used on a daily basis. So we thought we would go with Colorwave Dinnerwear in three different colors: (4 sets of each) Green, Blue & Red.



And although we were not planning on registering for fine china we found really pretty Kate Spade china:



We found that Bed Bath & Beyond has EVERYTHING, so we are really excited that we chose to register there. We are now trying to figure out our last place to register... Any suggestions send them our way!!

No comments: