Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bridesmaid Dress shopping is Harder then shopping for MY DRESS

Today my roommates and I spent a couple hours bridesmaid dress shopping. Although it was a quick trip, we were quite successful. At our first stop - September's Bride - we found three dresses that might work well together. Before, I thought that I wanted my bridesmaids to wear the exact same dress, however, now I am open to having two or three different styles; as long as they are the same color, tea length, and taffeta material. Here are the three dresses that we liked. I put up pics of the dresses on my lovely bridesmaids, and also one's that I found off the internet - if I could find a good one...Check out all my friends faces...they are almost as pretty as the dresses. :)



I think I have decided to have the colors of our wedding be White, Black and Bright Pink, so picture all the dresses in black. Here is a little closer look at each of the dresses...




Beek is wearing a B2 B9084 for $162
Iridescent taffeta gathers on bodice and a twist knot on the drop waist.




Benny is wearing a Belsoie L9068 for $195
Matte Taffeta v-neck both on the front and back, gathered on waist. It is long, however it comes in tea length as well.


This B2 B1043 that Koon is wearing is my favorite overall!
It is a sweet heart cut and costs $163
Gathered Iridescent Taffeta on bodice and waistline with back sash.


The nice thing about all these dresses is that, the girls could pick out what style fits their body best. It's also nice because the Belsoie & B2 brand you can choose what material you want and whether or not you want it floor length or tea-length. They are also all available at September's Bride, and since I bought me wedding gown there, the girls would get a %20 discount.

Anyway, moving on. Our second, and last stop was Diane Keith in Holland. The girls tried on a number of dresses and we only ended up really liking one out of the bunch. (After having the girls try on the B2 dress with the bow in the back, I decided that I did not like it as much) Here it is...



Lautz is wearing a Bill Levkoff 874 for $209
Tissue Taffeta. This tea-length gown features a gathered empire waist with pleated shoulder straps, soft gathers and pleats that accent the tube dress.

Although, we have not made up our minds as to what dress to buy, it was fun getting to hang with my roomies and let them try on different styles. Now, we for sure know which types work and which ones DON'T! :)

No comments: